Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Lumberjack-themed First Birthday

Howdy, Islanders!


If you follow me on Instagram, not only are you cooler than most but you probably recognize that photo up there.  I'm super excited to share the deets from Axel's first birthday.  It was lumberjack themed and guess what.  I'm sharing a few FREE printables at the end of the post.







I loved all of the sweets but those cake pops are pretty amazing!


A lumberjack cake pop?!  BAM, WHAT?!




All of the wood slices were from the grandparents' property.  The cupcake displays were handmade and the pop stands were a genius idea!


Axe's Pop-Pop drilled holes into the wood and it made for the perfect stand!

 

There were sweets gallore and fun times too!  A moon bounce, an inflatable pool turned ball pit, a bubble machine, inflatable axes, and a photo booth


Yes, those are felt beards and lumberjack hats!!


The favor table had inflatable axes and s'more snacks:


"Thanks for CHOPPIN' by!"  Get it?  Lumberjacks... as in CHOPPING down trees... instead of stopping by?  You get it, right?!  I designed a few of the printables to include the birthday boy's info poster.


It turned out super cute and my local office supply store offered same-day printing!

The guest tables were covered in kraft paper with lumberjack plaid paper down the center to create a table runner.  There were log slices down the table in varied sizes and each log slice was topped with cute tiny decor (repurposed Christmas ornaments in most cases).  While we were cleaning, I grabbed a few of my fave centerpiece elements and placed them all on a slice to give you an idea of the decor:


Another of my favorite elements was the log slice paper plates!


Aren't they adorable?!  Speaking of adorable, I meant to tell you about the milestone photos that were on display:


Over the sweets table, there was a large print of his lumberjack-themed one-year photo.  In the center of the sweets table, there were two smaller frames - the image above and this sweet image of a 'nearly new'  Axel:


A post shared by Tabitha (@tmkeese) on

This party was a success and I was happy to provide some printables for my dear friend and former client.  Because I love you guys so much, I'm providing a few of the printable files for you free of charge!  Simply save the image to your computer and send to print.  I printed all of them as 4x6 photos except for the bathroom signs,






I hope you enjoyed the recap as much as I enjoyed helping and attending; this party was a success and I knew it WOOD be!

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.