Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Things I Love: Beauty Products.

Hey, Islanders.

You might be sick of my multiple and seemingly random blog series but... WHATEVER!  I'm back with another one and it's all about nifty things I've found at a great deal or that I've implemented in our life that really work!  This series will not be like Maya Mondays or Wordless Wednesdays but I will use the 'Things I Love' tag (saved under the right navigation menu --> Topics and Thoughts) to store all of the things (deals, tips, tricks, and more) I love!

Today, we're talking about beauty products and dupes I've been using for the past few months that have TOTALLY changed my life!

1. Beauty Blender for $1!

I've seen the Beauty Blender in a number of stores and, while I wanted to have the flawless face after makeup and moisturizer application, I couldn't bring myself to pay the $20 price.  When I saw the Sassy+Chic blender at Dollar Tree, I had to pick one up.  I LOVE IT and I LOVE ITS PRICE EVEN MORE. Oh, and even if you don't wear makeup, this is perfect for moisturizer application... the goal is to minimize hand-to-face contact.


2. LA Girl Pro Concealer

This concealer is all over Youtube.  It's used by the superstar makeup vloggers and I was surprised to find it in my local beauty supply store.  Priced at less than $3, this concealer is amazing!  It's super creamy with natural and amazing coverage.  I use it under my eyes and it blends perfectly!  I believe the vloggers when they say it's a total dupe for the top-of-the-line MAC concealers but I've never purchased a mac concealer to confirm.  I've replaced my Two Faced brand (super expensive) concealer with it and I love it so much more!  You can see it at work in the following photo:


I use the concealer under my eyes and blend it out using the DT beauty blender.  I love the quality and will def keep buying it!

3.  Primer and Setting Spray


My first trip to the fancy-pants makeup stores, I spent close to $200 on a BB cream, a blush stick and a finishing spray.  $200?!  I found this elf finishing spray ($3) and this NYX primer ($10) and the change has been amazing!

If you're like me, you do a little shumthin' with your face and leave feeling cute but by lunch time your makeup is gone.  If that sounds like you, YOU NEED TO PRIME AND SET!  I love the NYX photo-loving primer.  It is super lightweight and preps my face for makeup by filling pores and creases to prevent the 'cake face' appearance and the cracks in my makeup (both make you look older).  The setting spray keeps the makeup in place and ensures you look fresh-faced for hours!  It's really made a difference for me.  I feel like I get much more bang for my buck - with a good morning makeup application, I'm done for the day!

4.  OPI Passion Nail Polish!


I've realized that doing little things for myself boosts my confidence and makes me feel good.  Oh, don't give me that look.  I like to get my nails done and to keep my brows fresh... I might not comb my hair but certain things help me feel *flips hair* cute!  I've been on the hunt for the perfect pink-based neutral color that doesn't fade to a yellow-y color.  I HATE WHEN POLISHES TURN YELLOW!  Anyhoo, I finally found the color I love (never mind my cuticles).


It's natural and clean and perfect for every occasion.  It works on any skin tone and in any professional environment.

We'll talk more about things I love.  This series will have innovative uses for items we all have, deals I've found, new snacks I've tried, organizational tips and much more.

What are you loving right now?

What little things can you do to make yourself feel special?

Do share in the comments!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.