Monday, November 9, 2015

Halloween 2015 - Wrap-Up

Howdy, Islanders!  While crossing updates off of my list, I realized I never shared Munch's ACTUAL Halloween costume.


I know what you're thinking and ALL of the ideas we shared the week before Halloween were just for you guys!  Her actual costume started with a design from last year.


Remember how Halloween was canceled?   Remember how I was bummed?  Remember all the drama and pain (for me)?  If you don't, you can catch-up by reading this post.  Anyhoo, I was so excited for the peplum top I made using poster board and playing cards from Dollar Tree (DT).

Wait, did you just roll your eyes?  No, don't worry.  I'm not going to share the tutorial right now.  Seriously, though?!  Are you THAT sick of hearing me sing DT's praises?  Well, ok.  I will give you a break for a short while.  Anyhoo, here's the OFFICIAL 2015 Halloween pic:


I won't go into too much detail right now but I made the crown using gold glitter card stock and the stripes are glitter tape from the Target $1 bins.


I decided to embellish the top using card stock to make a heart and a mini crown.


I made a quick tutu skirt and used ribbon, playing cards and paper punches to create a dramatic train.


I recreated the Queen's signature hair with two buns and red hair paint.


For the face, we purchased Halloween face paint and it worked out perfectly!  Here's the inspiration photo:


I informed Munch the Queen of Hearts isn't one to smile so when posing for photos, she needed to look smug.  We practiced before leaving the house and I'd say, Munch NAILED IT!


You see the face.  Smile?!  FOR WHAT?!  

Anyhoo, the book club moms decided to host a book club play date at Sherry's house.  Sherry made a cute photo-op area and set-up a craft table for the girls to snack and to create a Halloween memory book.


The dads took the girls around the the neighborhood while the moms sipped wine and passed out candy.  It was a great evening and I'm so glad we were able to spend the time with friends! 

The next day, we geared up for Gadiel's Monster Bash.  I let Munch decide which of our DIY costumes she'd wear and she chose the gumball machine.  We added a few elements (poms on bobby pins, pom earrings, etc.) and we hit the road.  Munch was so bummed when we arrived and she realized that she forgot the GUMBALL poster board on her bed.  She cried but got over it pretty quickly after arriving.


The little ones had a ball playing Pin The Patch on the Pirate, taking swings at the pinata and enjoying yummy halloween-themed foods.


Gaby is a beast with the Halloween decor; it was amaaaaazing!  Munch was so creeped out when she arrived.


You see her face.  She really did not want to stop and pose for a photo - haha!  Other highlights included when one of the dads arrived in a homemade Iron-Man costume!



It was awesome!  Would you believe he made the entire costume using floor mats and wired it with lights?  It turned out SO cool!


Another funny moment was during the birthday song.



I've watched that video countless times and it makes me giggle every time I watch the video!


OMG, both of them have gotten so big!


Happy birthday, Gadiel!  We love you!!!  Islanders, in case you need another giggle.  Check out the video of Iron-Man and Mr. M&M wiggling in the street.  They wanted to send Hubbs a message that the Three Amigos were incomplete without him.


Cheers!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.