Monday, September 28, 2015

Auntie Status: It's Official!


My nephew was born Tuesday, September 22, 2015.  


I held him and fought back tears; it's overwhelming to finally meet the little person you've been waiting for.  


Islanders, he is awesome and amazing and perfect and delicious and adorable and scrumptious and I can't get enough of him!

Of course, I've been on my auntie duties and tomorrow, I'm sharing 13 UNIQUE ways to help new parents welcome a baby.  Yep, I've compiled a list of awesome tips and tricks from my experience transitioning into the role of awesome aunt.  Yes, I said awesome...  I had to step up my game to be the aunt to such an AWESOME little man. 

I made a piece of decor for his room; it's a subway art with all of his birth stats.
It's perfect for his safari-themed nursery.  Oh and I've raved about picmonkey.com before but seriously!! I really like how Mason's stats print came out and, the best part is that I saved lots of money!  Don't believe me?  Check out this version I found on etsy.com:


Super cute, right?  Well, it should be.  It costs $20 and that's for a digital copy!! If you don't believe me, you can check the listing for yourself here.

I plan to pick up a shadow box frame for the print.  I think a shadow box will be the perfect place for his wrist bands, hospital hats and small keepsakes.  It will also add some dimension to the wall without taking up valuable real estate in his adorable nursery.

Remember to come back tomorrow for awesome ideas to help out new parents!  I even have a freebie for you!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.