Tuesday, January 20, 2015

32 - Yet Another.

Today is a national holiday here on the Island.  Today, the Island queen rocks her tacky tutu and plastic pink tiara.  Today, there are island parades, mandatory free stuff at all island stores, and an appreciation for another.

Today is my birthday.


This year, I've resolved to evolve (more on what that means here).  For my birthday, I'm celebrating all of my 'anothers' - another year of life, another year of holidays, another year of laugh-out-loud moments, another year of blessings... I'm also reflecting on the lessons I've learned and the people I've lost.  Many of them were not as fortunate to see their birthday this year and will never have an opportunity to celebrate time's graceful aging process.



Yes, Mom decided to celebrate my birthday with an outward show of her love for me... SO outward that it's public.  On Facebook.  For all to see.  Lucky for me, those who comment have been gentle.  


Don't say it.  I know.  I look like a gnome or a character from Lord of the Rings.  The ears... the eyebrows... the whole thing is just a mess.  I do, however, appreciate the love from my mommy.  I plan to fully enjoy my day (and week) with lots of relaxing and pampering.  Enjoy your day, Islanders.  Remember to sprinkle fabulous everywhere you go!

Photobucket

2 comments

  1. Now that I have seen the proof, your daughter is truly a mini me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I thought the picture of you in the floral shirt was Z at first. Could be twins! :)

    Hope you had an amazing birthday, Tabby! Ya geezer. Haha! It's OK, I'm right behind ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.