Friday, November 14, 2014

Frugal Friday: Flowers on the Cheap

Mrs. L., a recent client, stalked my Instagram account (which I love) and saw photos of a former client who incorporated traditional African elements into her beautiful day.








Mrs. L. informed me that her brother was hosting a reception and, at the last minute, the florist canceled.  Shocking, I know!  Islanders, it happens.  Anyhoo, she needed emergency help with the reception centerpieces.  Mrs. L. was paying for the flowers (pending refund from the previous vendor) as a gift to her brother.  The only guidance she provided was the budget of $100 and that the flowers should coordinate with the colors of the bright fabrics of the groom's family's attire:


I got the request three days before the wedding so I didn't have time to go to the wholesale floral supplier; I had to use local resources.  Plus, this is business, the time the drive would require wouldn't fit into the budget.  I was confident I could make it work.

Well, here's what I came up with:


Aren't they beautiful?  Would you believe I got the vases from the Dollar Tree and the flowers from the grocery store?

My client was MORE than pleased and the flowers were perfect for the event!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.