Friday, October 10, 2014

Vanity Organization - Acrylic Boxes

Howdy, Islanders!



Can you tell I'm getting back in the swing of things?  I know I haven't been posting but I have been taking small strides everyday.  I've put some of my thrifty finds to use in the vanity area (more on that this weekend).  Seeing the progress got me motivated to do more with our cosmetics.  I even spent a few dollars!  Check out my latest purchase:


Acrylic Shoe Drawers

No, I'm not going to use them to hold shoes.  I saw some inspiration on Pinterest and, as Wordless Wednesday post hinted, I'm working on our linen closets.  I know what you're thinking and I'm using these boxes for *drum roll please*


NAIL POLISH! 

Have I told you about Munch's obsession with nails and nail polish and designs and stickers and -- UGH!  We have a small container (from the Dollar store).  It has a lid to hold polishes but her collection of nail supplies has grown and it's taking over the closet.  When her friends come over, they huddle in the bathroom, spread out a nail towel and make a mess paint their nails/feet.  When they finish, they haphazardly pile the supplies up, slap the top on (with sealing it) and toss it in the closet.  I love these drawers because, unlike our containers with lids, they allow access to the contents without disrupting the closet organization.  You don't have to ever take them out of the closet :)  I can't wait for them to arrive!

I found my acrylic shoe boxes on Amazon for a discount! I'll share before and after photos but, for now, I'm excited about what's to come!

If these boxes don't fit your needs, check out all of these awesome ideas:

Source

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.