Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Easy Honey Rosemary Chicken

I'm sharing a super easy recipe inspired by a photo I saw on Pinterest.  It was a recipe for this pretty chicken:


I have a thing with Pinterest.  I love it. I really do.  I just feel there is an intimidation factor with it. For awhile, I was worried my projects wouldn't look like the finished products professional bloggers take with their professional cameras... it's as if the site's users have forgotten the purpose of Pinterst is to get inspired to try something on your own!  Well, that picture inspired me to make some chicken...  good chicken.  I didn't follow their recipe exactly and I certainly didn't take my weeknight minutes to "skewer" the chicken... I added a little more of this than that and it helped to make this chicken APPROVED for weeknight (real) moms :)

Here's how I made MY version:




1. Remove any extra fat from the chicken. Cut it into 1 inch chunks and set aside in a freezer bag.  Sprinkle with ground black pepper:


2.  In a bowl, combine Balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, 1 teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of rosemary and a generous pinch of salt.

3. Once mixed, pour over  chicken.  Seal bag and "smoosh" the seasoning around in the bag until the meat is evenly coated.  Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours... OR, you can be like me and place this in the refrigerator until I got home that evening (9 hours later).


4.  Preheat wok (or pan) on high.  Once hot, add a drizzle of olive oil and turn the heat to medium.


Cook until golden and a solid color (NO PINK).  It took about 3 minutes on each side and an additional 3 minutes tossing it around the pan.


Serve immediately over jasmine rice with steamed broccoli or green beans.

You've got dinner in about 20 minutes :)

Both the man and kid LOVED it.  I'm considering ways to tweak this to include a homemade sweet-n-spicy BBQ sauce...

I hope you're inspired to try this yummy and quick recipe!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.