Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Craft Room - The Paint.






I shared the plan (here) and the breakdown (here) for the craft room.  I also shared the paint color I chose.
 
 
You probably didn't think I'd ALREADY painted the craft room, huh?
 
Well, that's what happens when you have a plan that works... you feel motivated to get going on it!  I went to Sherwin-Williams armed with the 30% off coupon...
 
I left the shop with my top-notch rollers, paint and accessories excited to paint my craft room last Monday, June 9.

I think I heard angels singing when I opened the can:
 

I painted one wall at a time:
 
 
The color seemed lighter at first (which is normal).  It also seemed to be all the things I was nervous about painting a room pink (appeared little girl-like, too soft, etc.).  Then, it dried and the angels started singing again:
 
 
I was in love!
 


Don't mind the craft crap piled in the middle of the room.  I was too excited to clear the room before I painted, I just wanted to get going so I moved things to the center and didn't even bother to drape it (don't judge me).
 
 


It didn't take long at all! I'm glad the higher quality paint and rollers saved me some effort; I just need to do the edges and clear out the clutter!
 
 
 Cheers to being one step closer to bringing craft room dreams to fruition.  ON TO THE NEXT STEP!
 
 

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.