Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Sweethearts Wedding Theme


Today, I have a teleconference with my next event inspiration, the Sweetheart Wedding client.  The phone call is this evening and it's going to be our introductory conversation for her big day (scheduled for June 2015).

 
In response to my request for her wedding vision, the sweetheart bride responded with a potential venue, she's not a fan of flowers, she has a love of hearts and her wedding colors (red, black, white and silver).
 
As a wedding planner, it's my job to hear a vision and find a means to execute a flawless event on the designated budget (which I haven't received at this point).  The following inspiration boards will help drive MY vision for the event (before our discussion where she will provide more deets) and can easily be adjusted to fit any budget and setting.
 
Stripes & Hearts
 
 
 
Isn't that a modern interpretation of her color scheme?!  My first inspiration photograph was the piano keys with the heart; I just LOVE it!  Candle centerpieces with rose petals will give an elegant look without compromising on class.  Black and white striped details will provide a unique accent and provide the perfect backdrop for bright red hearts.  Other fun items would be the striped straws and napkins at the bar (with 2 signature drinks - one for each the bride and groom), lips and mustaches (at a photo-op area, on the doors for restrooms, etc.).  I'd have a custom monogram designed to tie it all together. We would use this monogram for the invitations, save-the-dates and throughout the space day-of. 
 
Romantic Red & Damask
 
Damask, a classic and romantic print, packs a big punch.  The bold print will also provide the perfect backdrop for red hearts.  Damask is also a decorator's secret weapon!  Using damask will minimize the requirement  on the centerpieces and can help save funds in the long run (if your tablecloth makes all the statement you need, you can get thrifty or creative with centerpieces).  The print will also set the tone for a romantic (almost Parisian) event while balancing the cuteness of hearts.
 
...
 
I LOVE the 'Two Hearts Become One' theme.  I would certainly create custom pieces for the décor.  Similar to the images in the inspiration boards, I plan to make unique centerpieces that feel traditional but offer a unique take on flowers (as the bride isn't a fan of flowers).  I might also recommend a sweets buffet as coordinating candy is so EASY to find.
 
I'll keep you guys posted on her decision and the projects as things develop!  Wish me luck :)
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.