Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 19 - An Easy Banner Tutorial

 
I wanted to spend some QT with my little boo, Munchface.  We decided to make a Halloween banner...
 
I found a pack of cream cardstock at Michael's, we pulled out the black crayons and used some large stickers to create a Halloween banner for the foyer.
 
I didn't want to have a lot of cutting or gluing or... well, effort really.
 
So, here's a tutorial for a NO-sew, NO-glue banner :)
 
 
Supplies
- cardstock
- mini clothespins
- string for hanging
- black crayon
- stickers for letters
- scissors
 
 
Step-by-Steps
1. Cut the bottom portion of the banner in the shape you desire.  Rather than a semi-circle, I chose the pennant flag look.
 
2.  I gave half of the "flags" to Munch.  We each took a black crayon and colored our flags.  She duplicated some of my designs and came up with some of her own.  I really like the Frankenstein face one:

 

 
3.  Place your letters on each flag.
 
4. Cut the string to your desired length.
 
5. Use 2 mini clothespins to hold each flag onto the string.
 
6.  Hang the banner. O and enjoy your glue-less and easy banner!
 
 
I'm going to share our entire Halloween foyer in the next post. 

Pardon me while I catch-up!
 
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.