Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Sunshine & Lemonade - The Set-Up.

The beach I reserved for Munch's birthday party had five large picnic tables.
I decided to designate three of the picnic tables for kid's activity tables, one for adults and one for food.


The kids' tables had hot pink linen and coloring pages:

The adult and food tables had white linen. I tied it all together with yellow table runners.
Of course, after the coloring contest, all tables were freed up for adults because the kids were too busy running around :)

Mom brought pink and yellow fabric flags (I hung on the playground fort) and a cute beach umbrella.  Please note while Darren was trying to set the umbrella up, it inverted but was still very cute:

Photo Courtesy of Tati.

I placed a few simple centerpieces throughout the party area:
Mason jars + ribbon + flowers + lemon slices + straws with drink flags = FAB AND EASY CENTERPIECES. 

These arrangements fit the theme perfectly!

The food table was on a slight incline so the bench for sitting made a perfect drink station while the table top was great for the food (hot dogs, chicken, pasta salad, summer berry salad, fruit salad, mini mac-n-cheese).  I also loved the buffet labels:

My mommy wrote in the frames!  She also made 90% of the food - love her!

I found the small frames at Michael's.  They are usually $6/6 and sold in the baby shower décor section.  I found these in the clearance aisle for $.50/6!!!  We added scrap book paper to create simple buffet labels (thanks, Deb)!  You'll def see these again :)

In case you're wondering, I packed lunches for the kids in yellow paper favor bags:

Pringles, lemon sandwich cookies and turkey sandwiches (thanks, Devona)!

For drinks, I purchased lemonade juice boxes for the kids and had a variety of lemonade flavors for adults (berry blend lemonade, pineapple lemonade, homemade lemonade and strawberry lemonade) and bottled waters:


Do you see the water mixers? 


I used a Target candle jar (lemonade-scented) to hold them!

Thanks, Deb for gluing the water bottle labels!


These adorable mason jar lids were the perfect drink topper.  I've always seen them online but they are very expensive (like $18-$24 for 6!).  I was so pleased to find them on a Pick Your Plum daily deal for only $6/dozen. 

'Queda and I rolled the cutlery well in advance:


Party City had yellow napkins but I found mine at Ikea.  The difference in price?  A total of $6.  I got 250 quality napkins for $3.  WHICH reminds me, I still have Party City napkins that must go back to the store...

All in all, I kept the decor simple and I loved how doing so allowed guests to focus on the beautiful venue and the wonderful time.

I'll share the dessert buffet and favor table soon enough.

Stay tuned!
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.