Thursday, June 20, 2013

Vegas Bound!

With the bridal shower out of the way, we were fully prepared to head to Vegas for the wedding.  I've shared my personal Vegas adventures (here, here, here and here) but the time has come to back track and provide the wedding update. 

...

The weeks before our flights, we were handling business.
We picked up the dress:


We shopped for jewelry:

I ordered little gifts to surprise the bride:

What is it?  O, it's a personalized hanger.  It makes a great photo-op for the wedding dress AND will be used in her permanent storage/display of the dress.

Here's an example of a wedding dress photo:


It's going to be awesome, I'm sure.

It seemed like we were having frequent conference calls with the hotel planner.  You know it's important when the planner can interrupt our Panera, lol:


baked under the dryer and got my hair done.

Finally, the big day was upon us and Hubbs and I were off:


We enjoyed some mimosas at the Long Beach airport on the way.  I was SO in love with my $5 shades, lol:


When we finally arrived in Vegas, I joined the girls for shopping then headed back to Deb's hotel room to work on some crafts.  What?! The crafty requirements don't change because you fly across the country, lol.

I stickered the bottom of her shoes.  Yep.  Deb purchased scrap book stickers and I cut the excess around each letter to create an 'I Do' high heels.  It turned out super cute:


Deb used the mini cookies I ordered for her bridal shower (that didn't arrive in time due to my move) to create favors at the ceremony for guests:


She then wrapped Chaz's wedding gift.  I was so glad I was there to snap a few pics of the moment with my iPhone:


We ate then got ready for our first night out on the town.  We just walked the strip with no major plans but it was a lot of fun just seeing the crazy Vegas sights. These 2 hot mamas let Vegas know we still had it, lol:


Well, TECHNICALLY we only have "it" one way so we can walk but so far before somebody better call a cab.  These little legs in these little heels can go no further.  O, is it here?  Good thing because I didn't think I'd make it, lol:


Let's just say the rest of the time was better on the toes because we established our limitations upfront.

Where are we going?  How far is it?

I'm wearing flats.

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.