Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Grade: A Chapter Closed.

I have to interrupt our Vegas wedding update to report that Munch has closed another major frikkin' chapter in her life.
First grade ends today.
I know what you're wondering and no, don't worry.  I'm fine this time (remember my Kindergarten moment last year? Click here for more).  I am ok.  Well, until I think about it.
Before I get too mushy...  I'm happy to report that we are on our way to second grade.  We've done a LOT this year!

I always wanted a little girl when I was younger.  I dreamed of all the things we would do together.

Because of health issues, I didn't think I could have a child.  When I found out that I was expecting, I made a promise to God that, if He would give me a healthy baby, I would be the best mom I could.

My Munch reminds me (even on her sassiest days) just how blessed I am. 

She never ceases to amaze me.  She is caring and smart and opinionated and outgoing and funny and -- well, she's mine so I could go on for days...  Bottom line, she met the challenges of first grade with focus and determination to succeed.

She is excited for second grade but even more excited for summer camp!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go stare at the pictures of my kid because I feel like she's grown SO much over the past year.

There may be more tears.
Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.