Thursday, April 11, 2013

Lumpia Lesson - The Dessert Recipe.

Who loves dessert?

Who loves EASY desserts?

Who loves QUICK desserts?

If you raised your hand for any (or all) of those questions, TODAY is your lucky day!!

PLANTAIN LUMPIA

I love plantains.  I'll pan sear some in brown sugar and butter for a sweet side with my West Indian dishes.  We fight over them at the Caribbean restaurant, lol.  I tellya, Hubbs has become more and more West Indian with every passing day of our marriage.

Despite my love for plantains, I've never thought to prepare them like this.  It is delicious and I think you're going to LOVE this recipe.

Supplies

- Ripe plantains
- Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- lumpia wrappers
- optional: caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream

Step-by-Steps

1.  Cut the ends off of you plantains.

2. Cut the plantain in half

3.  Cut down the length of the peel.  Take care not to apply too much pressure as you are just trying to peel the skin

4. With your half standing up cut down the center once:

Then again:

In other words, 1 plantain = 8 dessert lumpia rolls!!

5.  Roll each plantain slice in brown sugar.


6.  Place your plantain slice in the center of the wrap.  Use an envelope fold to hold the plantain in place.


Remember to seal with your egg!

7. Fry in oil for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.

ENJOY!!

Imagine this drizzled with caramel sauce and served with vanilla ice cream?  AMAZING!

OMG, go.  NOW! Try it and let me know what you think!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.