Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Made In Paris - To Top It Off.



I ordered a printable package for the custom cupcake toppers.  I did, however, want to add my own shumthin' shumthin' to make them sparkle.  I purchased glitter paper from Michael's (a splurge at $2/sheet) and used a slightly larger paper punch to layer the topper.  For more information on how I use my paper punches to make cute toppers, check out the tutorial here.

As if the glitter wasn't enough...

I wanted a variety of toppers so I created another simple topper that I fell in LOVE with!  

Supplies

- Paper straws
- Coordinating feathers

Steps

1.  Cut your paper straws in half

2.  Place 2-3 feathers inside the straw

DONE.

Easy, right?  No glue, no stress, no time at all!  Wouldn't a larger version make an awesome topper for a cake?

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.