Saturday, November 17, 2012

Frugal Friday: Baby Shower Guest Book

Frugal Friday: The Easy Guest Book

I love a unique guest book.  Something about the typical sign-in reminds me of a doctor's office and is just... Impersonal.

I recognize there's a requirement to document attendees so I try innovative ways to check it off the list.  I hosted a baby shower for a friend of a friend in early October and created a quick but FABULOUS guest book.  

Bubble Memory Board How-To

Supplies
- Foam Core Board ($1 from the Dollar Tree)
- Yarn or baker's twine
- hot glue/gun
- color-coordinating scrapbook paper
- mini paper clips
- paper punch (I used a 1" circle punch)

Steps
1.  Hole punch the scrapbook paper.  I recommend multiple patterns of paper... It just adds dimension

2.  Glue some circles onto the foam core board.  This shower theme was elephants so I made the dots appear to come of the trunk.  I laid the dots on the board to come up with a plan first:


3.  Drape the string and glue the ends to the back of the board


Board, done.

4.  Lay out your dots on the table with a pen for signatures and place a cute container of the mini clothespins nearby:



5.  Use the mini clothespins to clip your dots to the string: 


VOILA! A unique guest book idea.  

IMAGINE if you had mini baby clothes shapes(diapers, onesies, etc.) for guests to sign... Or a car punch or hearts or... Once again, the possibilities are endless with this party element. 


It's something different, something modern and, most important, it's something AFFORDABLE in celebration of frugal Friday!  Stay tuned for the shower rundown.

Photobucket

linking up:

Weekend Bloggy Reading

SixSistersStuff.com

Photobucket


26 comments

  1. This is adorable! Great idea!! Visiting from The NY Melrose Family! Happy to be following! :) themosbysinchina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tabby! This is a great idea for a shower guest book...very creative! Also, I nominated you for the Liebster award! Go check out the post on my blog :)

    http://alhadventures.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute. I love the elephants on the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is darling! Great tutorial Tabby! Thanks for sharing on "I Gotta Try That" Have a great day!
    Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how cute!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.