Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 27 - Holiday Decor V.3


Recently, on my way to clean our balcony for fall, I met Charlotte:


Let me put this ALL the way out there.  I do NOT like spiders.  I closed that door so fast and promised Charlotte she can stay out there without the worry of me bothering her ever again.  Seriously, islanders, that heffa is huge.

UH-UH. NO WAY. NEVER AGAIN.

In case you can't tell, I don't like spiders. Like, at all.

UNTIL...  The next day in Michael's I was looking for something ghoul-y to spice up our fall decor and ran into some large spiders that I just fell in love with!  They made the perfect additions to our entryway, check it out:




I consider them to be a tribute to Charlotte in the back... I figure, if I meet my big spider quota, Charlotte will have no reason to EVER come her big uglyself inside.

I hung the spiders before Munch came home. She squealed when she came in... Getting the house holiday ready is such a big deal for her that it keeps joy in our home.  Over the summer I missed finding ways to make memories.  There is, however, an undeniable happiness found in family traditions...  We have bunches of them and some might not understand but half of what makes our family special is being and enjoying and loving and having us.

O, before I forget... I surprised her with a few other Halloween decor items.  Check it out!

The wreath:


The table centerpiece:


The pumpkin candy basket (it's large and always full of candy):


We'll add more as we take down the Halloween stuff but don't worry, I'll be sure to keep you guys in the loop :)

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.