Thursday, March 22, 2012

Elmo's World: Photo Backdrop

Have you ever seen Elmo's World? It's basically a preschooler's scribble-y (it's a word, trust me?) rendition of a house. 

For parties, I ALWAYS take loads of pics... I am *totally* that mom.  You know, "look at me *click*...say cheese*click*... OK, WAIT. Do that again!*click*... O wow *click* I gotcha!"

I started to incorporate photo props into events as another means to bring home the theme and document the who's-and-what's of the party!

So, here's another quick tutorial...

Elmo's World Backdrop

1. Gather supplies
- 1 white flat bed sheet (thrift store purchase)
- Finger paints (because they're cheap and washable)
- Paper plates (to hold the paint)

- Sponge brushes

2. Lay your sheet out on a hard surface (because it's easier to clean if color bleeds through)

3. Place each color on a separate plate

4. Paint the squiggle paint border at the top of the sheet.

5.  Use blue to frame a window and red to draw the curtains

6. Paint his Dorothy painting (a goldfish with water).

7.  Use crayons to create the pink scribbles.

8.  To hang, use the Command strips and adhere to the wall.  I used 4 across the top and it lasted the entire party..

9. Snap your pics!!

After the dance contest and free-for-all, I gathered the kiddos for group photos.

Smiling:


 Silly-ing (another word, I guess?):

Dancing:


Mean Mugging:

 

Sister-Cousins:


::

The backdrop was an awesome addition to the party.  Hung on the wall behind the scribble table, it made a statement as guests arrived, provided the perfect background for the dance competition and allowed for EVERY guest to have their photo taken in Elmo's World fashion!

Mission accomplished if you ask me :)


Photobucket

Linking Up:

Somewhat Simple

52 Mantels
 
shabby creek cottage

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.