Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 19 - BIG NEWS.



I have to interrupt the regularly scheduled 31 Days program to bring you a VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:


MUNCHFACE HAS A LOOSE TOOTH.

Yep. That's it. *Passes microphone back to CNN commentator.*


When Munch came with the announcement that her "tooth is VERY WIGGLY,"I sat there staring in space at a TOTAL loss... I mean, first kindergarten now THIS?! Really, kid, stop with the growing up... "MOMMY, DID YOU HEAR ME? MY TOOTH IS GOING TO FALL OUT OF MY FACE!"

Then I thought OMG. It's time for the tooth fairy and I'm not ready! Why is Hubs playing in a football game tonight and not here to DEAL with this... I don't do well with signs of growing up and HE knows this! UGH.

I comforted the kid, got her in bed and quickly went google-ing for some tooth fairy pillow inspiration... Aren't they cute?





Well, I've decided to go to my local craft store in search of some supplies to TRY and make my own... I found this tooth fairy pillow tutorial complete with a printable pattern (FREE) and I think it's pretty adorable.  If I go with this version, her pillow will look like this(in purple/green) with a ribbon to hang on her bedroom door:



Maybe, I'll make like 2 or 3 just in case some of my mommy friends are faced with this in the near future.  Want one? Well, let me not get ahead of myself... I'll let you know how they turn out, mmK?

:::

Zion is really worried that a part of her body is going to fall out of her face (her words, not mine) so I think it's important to give her something cute to soften the shock of it all... Plus, by now, you guys know me, things like this totally freak me out... and, while I KNOW the tooth pillow is creepy, it makes me smile so I.DON'T.CARE!

What do you do when little things are a big deal? I try to make something cute while facing my fears!

Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.