Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 1 - Bake Fun.





In a perfect little life where time can be frozen, I'm sure we'd all bake everything from scratch everyday, right?  In my life (let's say Wednesday night??) when I want to bake but can't afford the time, shortcuts really help me check the "homemaker warm&fuzzy" off my list for the week. WHAT?! You don't have a checklist? (nurse - check! cleaning lady - check! honey-have-you-seen-my  - CHECK! Dog walker - CHECK. LOL...Like I said, CHECK LIST)!


On top of my other checklist items, every week, Munchface and I have a mommy-n-me night where we MAKE fun.  Needless to say, I'm always on the hunt for an easy craft or recipe.  One of my faves is the impressive presentation this sprinkle cookie recipe has (in 3 easy steps, too)!!


Ingredients
- Roll of Sugar Cookie Dough
- Sprinkles or small candies


Tools
- baking sheet
- wax paper (to line baking sheet)
- knife to slice cookie dough


Total Time: 15-20 minutes (depending on type of 'sprinkle')


Steps:
1.  Remove the pre-made dough from the packaging and roll in sprinkles (or candies) until coated.  Munchface loves to do this part, see:








2. Once coated in sprinkles, slice about 1/2" thick and bake according to package directions.


3.  Remove from oven and enjoy the sprinkle-outlined yumminess... EASY and DELISH! 


Mommy tip: Put the cookies in the oven before bath time and, by the time the kiddos are in their pj's, it will make the PERFECT bedtime snack with milk. ENJOY!


Photobucket

Post a Comment

Children's Cancer Research Gala

*taps mic* Does this thing even work anymore?  Can you hear me in the back? So, the last we spoke, I was sharing a random find.  If...

© Shipwrecked on Fabulous Island. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.